A CASD Community Outreach Event
Date: Saturday, May 20
Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Location: 7057 Friars Rd., San Diego, CA 92108
Please note that this is an approximate address and is referencing Bloomingdale’s in the Fashion Valley Mall. You will be meeting at the dirt lot immediately to the south of the Bloomingdale’s parking structure at the end of Riverwalk Dr. which is the road that runs behind the mall. Here is a map link to the location: http://bit.ly/2cRXcoN
Organization: San Diego River Park Foundation (Coastal Habitat Restoration)
The San Diego River Park Foundation needs your help removing trash and debris from the San Diego River. This is a great activity for people interested in clean water and a clean habitat for the plants and animals that call the river home. All tools and supplies are provided.
Closed shoes required, hat and sunscreen recommended, tools will be provided. No restrooms. Family-friendly but no pets.
Please choose from the following waivers and bring it with you on the day of the event.
Participant waiver (over 18)
Participant waiver (under 18) (must be accompanied by parent)
About the San Diego River Park Foundation
Founded in 2001, The San Diego River Park Foundation is a community-based grassroots non-profit organization. We rely upon donations and support from the community for our general operations as well as grants, both public and private.
We are not a foundation built upon an endowment or other source of funding. We are a foundation in name because we are built upon a foundation of people that have come together toward the goal of creating the San Diego River Park system from the mountains to the ocean.
We are working to achieve this goal by partnering with government agencies such as the San Diego River Conservancy, business and civic leaders, and a wide range of public organizations. By promoting stewardship of the River, promoting a better understanding of the River’s natural systems, and creating appropriate access to this incredible historic resource, the Foundation is endeavoring to enhance the quality of life in San Diego.
We are dedicated to making the project a truly treasured regional asset that is valued by all members of our community. We welcome and encourage everyone who is interested to join us in this effort.
Things to Know
- Please arrive by 8:45 am to get checked in on time
- Be sure to dress in clothes that can get a little dirty--long pants are recommended. A hat, sunscreen, or any other types of sun protection are also recommended for all of our outdoor events. Closed-toe shoes are required. No sandals, Tom's or other flats. You must wear sturdy tennis or hiking shoes.
- In order to reduce single-use plastics, we encourage you to bring your own reusable water bottle with water to drink. We will have a jug for refills.
- Please note that light rain will not cancel this event.
- We will provide all tools and supplies for you to use
- Community Service hours can be verified for those who need them
- For safety reasons, no pets are allowed at this event
- A liability waiver is required for all volunteers.
- The address for the meeting location is 7057 Friars Rd., San Diego, CA 92108. Please note that this is an approximate address and is referencing Bloomingdale’s in the Fashion Valley Mall. You will be meeting at the dirt lot immediately to the south of the Bloomingdale’s parking structure at the end of Riverwalk Dr. which is the road that runs behind the mall. Here is a map link to the location: http://bit.ly/2cRXcoN
If you have any questions before the event, feel free to call (619) 297-7380 or send an email to email@example.com. If you have any questions on the day of the event, please call (619) 573-3098 to speak to an event coordinator.
Dawn Bradley Berry, J.D. Legal Research & Writing Dawn Bradley
O: (760)761-4916 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org